Wednesday 28 January 2015

Product Review: Estée Lauder Double Wear


I recently jumped on the band wagon and gave in to buying Estee Lauder's Double Wear Stay-In-Place make up. I decided to see what all the fuss is about!

Prior to using this foundation I had read some reviews. I was wary that it may break me out as I seen this was the case for some people. This wasn't the case for me and I already had a small break-out on my chin before I applied it.

I decided to wear it for Australia day, it is a full-coverage foundation so I used a pea-sized amount and applied it with my Real Techniques expert face brush. It didn't feel too heavy on my skin and gave really good coverage without any concealer. The only problem I did have with this make up is once it is put on the skin you can't apply more if you miss a patch or want to touch it up, because it can become 'cakey' and you're left with lines wear you attempted to fix it.

I was out all day and when I came home that night  I was surprised  I didn't look like a sweaty mess as it around 37 degrees that day! My make up still in place and barely any had transferred onto my sunglasses which is usually the case with most of my foundations.

Overall I was impressed with the lasting power of this foundation, at $50 (for a 30ml bottle) a pop I think it is definitely worth the money! The only down fall is that the bottle doesn't come with a pump! I think I would definitely re-purchase this product

Feel free to leave a comment and let me know your experience with this foundation. :)

Thanks for reading,

Colleen x

No comments:

Post a Comment