Tuesday 17 March 2015

How I spent my Sunday - St Patrick's Day Parade, Leederville


Hello! I decided to do another how I spent my Sunday post! This week I went to the St. Patrick's Day Parade in Leederville, Perth.

The girls and I waiting for the Parade to kick off

Due to the fact St. Patrick's Day isn't a national holiday in Australia the Parade was held two days before rather than on the 17th of March. This was my first Parade in Perth as I usually go to the Irish Day at the races. I was really impressed with the Parade I thought it was going to be quite small and over pretty quick but it went on for around a half an hour. 

I took a few photos as you can see, it featured local G.A.A clubs, Irish dancers and a few marching bands. As well as the main man himself, St. Patrick, carrying a real snake! It was so nice to see so much of the Irish community from Perth coming together dressed all in green.



Once the Parade finished everyone gathered on the oval we're there was a number of stalls selling homemade goods and food. I met up with a few of my friends and we ended up going to The Garden in Leederville which is a really nice wine bar. The atmosphere was really good in there and we didn't struggle to get a table for once! They had also opened the gates into the Leederville hotel next door so you could wander freely between the two. I ended up being very boring and heading home early enough! Early starts for work are killer lately! :(


In The Garden
Anyways that's it! I have a post coming soon about products I regret buying so stay tuned :)

Thanks for reading,

Colleen x




No comments:

Post a Comment