Tuesday 24 March 2015

Mini Essence Haul


Hello! I've picked up a few things from the Essence range over the last few weeks and thought I'd share what I've bought. Who doesn't love a cheap and cheerful make up haul??


'Soo Glow' Highlighter


I picked up this highlighter after I seen YouTuber Brittney Lee Saunders post about it. It's a cream to powder highlighter in the shade 'Bright Up Your Life'. I love this so much already, it leaves such a nice dewy finish on the skin, it does have a little bit of shimmer in it but it's barely noticable on the skin. I've never used a highlighter like this before but I've been using it nearly everyday since I got it and I can't fault it!


Metal Glam Eyeshadow



I got this eye shadow on sale for $3 in Target and I really like the metallic colour.I got the shade 'hello goldie' and as you can tell from the name its a bronze/gold colour. It's not the most pigmented eye shadow in the world but it is definitely buildable. It's the perfect colour for Autumn as well.

Individual Eye shadows


Peach Beach
Strawberry Ice Cream

I really have a thing for metallic/shimmery eye shadows recently. I like this pink colour it's called 'strawberry ice cream'.  I use it for the inner corner and depending on what kind of look I'm going for I'll put it all over the lid as a base. This pastel orange colour is called 'peach beach', it's a nice transition colour and I use it in the crease of the eye. These are more summery colours but I'll probably use them to add a bit of glitz to a night time look.

Lip Liners

If you didn't know already Essence do the most amazing lip liners, Satin Mauve is my all time favourite! They just glide onto the lips they're so soft. I got the colour 'In the Nude' and its goes perfectly with my nude 03 Kate Moss for Rimmel lipstick and I recently got Velvet Teddy by MAC so I think the two will go really well together. I also picked up the colour 'Red Blush' because I did have it before but lost it on a night out. It's perfect for both MAC Russian Red and my red Kate Moss lipstick in 06. The best thing about these lip liners is the price they are only $2!!

 Long Lasting Eye 'Pencil'
This isn't an actual pencil you sharpen its a twist-able eyeliner pencil. I needed a new eyeliner for using on my waterline and I like the fact that I don't have to sharpen this. I got the colour 'Black Fever' and as you can see from the swatch it is a really strong black colour and it's really soft making it easy to blend. 

'Good Girl Bad Girl' Lipstick

Essence has a new limited edition range called 'good girl bad girl' and this lipstick is part of the range this shade is called 'It Wasn't Me'. To look at it you would think it was black in colour but when you swatch it you get this lovely dark plum colour. I usually don't wear lipstick this dark but I thought I would try something different and it's a really nice colour to have in my collection for winter.

That's the lot! If you know of any other good make up products that are purse friendly leave a comment and let me know :)

Thanks for reading,

Colleen x

No comments:

Post a Comment