Saturday 21 March 2015

Products I Regret Buying

Hello everyone! So this blog post is about some products that just didn't work for me. I'm not slating any brands or anything like that because I actually love a lot of stuff from these companies. Sometimes it's just hit or miss when trying new products!

Essence 2 in 1 Liquid Eyeliner


First up is this double-ended 'thick and thin'  liquid eyeliner pen from Essence. I love almost all Essence products but I definitely wouldn't purchase this again. The reason being is that it just dried out so quick! I used it all of twice and it was great but then when I went to use it again it all I got was this faded line! The thick end didn't dry out as such but it just didn't give a great line, this however could be down to how I apply it not so much the eyeliner itself. This is cheap and cheerful product so I'm not losing out on big money or anything but at least I'll know for future reference.






E.L.F Eyelid Primer



Next is this E.L.F eyelid primer, I never really used E.L.F products before because there hard to get in Ireland. I got this because I bought the under eye setting powder and it was amazing! Unfortunately this just wasn't as good, first of all it almost looked dried up in the packaging, the consistency reminded me of Tipp-Ex (white out). When I put it on my eyes I was left with an unwanted shimmery finish which is no good if you want to use matte shadows because it shows through some colours. I will say that it did make my eye make up last a little bit longer but overall I wasn't impressed with it.


NYX Illuminator

I got this NYX illuminator thinking it might be a dupe for some of MAC's products, but it definitely wasn't! It just added nothing to my make up, you couldn't even notice it on my skin, I'm not sure if I got the wrong colour for my skin tone or if I'm just not using it correctly but it definitely is not worth the money (around $18). It just didn't give any sort of glow or shimmer on my skin.



Savvy Concealer

The last product I regret buying is this concealer by Savvy. I found it to be really 'cakey'. I went for the lightest colour in the collection and as you can see from the swatch it's quite dark for a light colour. I found it began to break down on the skin after an hour or two and looked quite  'bitty'. It wasn't an expensive product but I was fairly disappointed because I own a good few Savvy products and they're all really good quality.



Thanks for reading,

Colleen x




No comments:

Post a Comment