Sunday 1 March 2015

My Top 3 Foundations


This week I've decided to share my top 3 favourite foundations.



1. MAC Studio Fix Fluid




This is my all time favourite foundation! I've been using this foundation for nearly five years after my friend from the Weird and Wonderful Blog told me about it. I use the shade NW30 which is from MAC's cool tone range. This foundation has pink tones which suit my skin perfectly, the shade is a little darker than my own skin tone so I mostly use this for nights out or special occasions when I wear fake tan. It is most definitely a full-coverage foundation and lasts well all day on the skin. I do find I use it less in the summer months because I tend not to fake tan but I can't wait until it cools down so I can use it again!


Available from David Jones here or from Brown Thomas here

2. Estée Lauder Double Wear


I done a review on this foundation a few weeks ago but it has quickly become one of my absolute favourites. I have it in the shade Ecru and it's a perfect match for me. When I first started using it I applied it with make up brush but I recently seen on YouTube someone saying they use a damp beauty blender for application so I gave it a go. Oh my god the difference was unbelievably! As it is quite a heavy full coverage foundation the blender helps to dilute the foundation slightly and you're left with a smooth dewy finish. I've stopped applying it with a brush altogether now and would recommend this technique especially if you find the coverage cakey in some places. This foundation is perfect as well if you are suffering from acne or acne scarring as it gives a full coverage finish without the use of concealer.

Available from Boots here or from David Jones here


3. Maybelline Fit Me


I recently repurchased this foundation after I seen it on sale in Chemist Warehouse for $7! This actually used to be my everyday drugstore foundation for over a year. I ended up trying out other foundations instead when it ran out and completely forgot all about it. Now I remember why I loved it so much! It is a medium coverage foundation that is build-able and it lasts well throughout the day, it has a light liquid consistency to it and it applies beautifully onto the skin. I use the shade 125 Nude Beige, its slightly darker than my skin tone but it suits me during the summer months when I have a natural tan. The only thing I don't like is that it doesn't have a pump, but when I bought it in Ireland it always came with a pump so I don't know why it doesn't come with one in Australia. 

Available from Priceline here or from Boots here




Thanks for reading,

Colleen x




No comments:

Post a Comment